Thursday, May 13, 2010

I finally used the basil

In my spare time (that 30 minute window I captured about 2 months ago one Saturday afternoon), I like to garden. Well, ok, no I really don't. I like to plant things in pots and then check in on them on occassion to see if they are growing. Miraculously, the basil, oregano, and thyme I planted during my 30 minutes of free time with the monster child back in March is growing like CRAZY. It appears to get the right amount of sun, and the perfect amount of automatic sprinkler action. Did you know basil flowers at the top when it grows really well? Yeah! it does! Cool. So tonight, after I bathed the kid, hubby put him to bed and I made a rustic pizza with basil that I grew and nurtured (or kind of thought about nurturing for 30 minutes two months ago) all by myself!

And it was good. So is this Pine Ridge Chennin Blanc - Voigner, by the way. Two thumbs up!

No comments:

Post a Comment