Thursday, May 13, 2010

3.5-hour Mom

Tonight, I was a 3.5-hour Mom! Unfortunately, the only way I was able to accomplish this was by depending on my ever-faithful friend, the Wendy's drive-thru!

I decided tonight I wasn't going to cook so I hit the Wendy's drive-thru on my way home. I know, I know...it's not healthy for little growing bodies and I did feel guilty as I ordered up golden, fried goodness for me and the kids, but I quickly got over it as I realized, again, I didn't have to cook, I wouldn't have a kitchen mess to clean up, and I'd have at least another hour to spend with the kids.

I spent 2.5 hours tonight coloring with my daughter and being covered in animal-shaped stickers. It was an AWESOME night! And as I put her to bed, she turned to me and said, "Sweet dreams, Mama," and my Wendy's drive-thru guilt faded away. I thought about the sweet little girl at the Wendy's window who handed me my food and said, "See you tomorrow!", and I thought for a moment, "You just might!"

No comments:

Post a Comment