Sunday, May 16, 2010

The Bedtime Dance

It's Sunday night, the kid is in bed, and I managed to make it downstairs to my computer.
Actually, she's in her room and in her bed, but she's not asleep. Ahhh...now begins the Bedtime Dance. The dance occurs between her bedroom and ours. She steps out of her bedroom, proceeds to ours, I guide her back into her bed. She steps out of her bedroom again, proceeds to ours, and yada, yada, yada...you get the idea.

I'm downstairs now and can hear her through the baby monitor making her escape. When I go upstairs I'll find her either curled up at the top of the stairs (there's a baby gate that would keep her from rolling down!) or right outside of our bedroom.

I'll take any advice anyone has to curtail this routine...I'm tired of this dance!

1 comment:

  1. I reversed the lock on my toddler's room so that I can lock it from the outside. I lock the door when I put him in his room at night. Then, after my husband and I get through with our couch time I go in, remove all toys from his bed, give him a kiss and leave with the door unlocked. Works like a charm.

    ReplyDelete