Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A full 72 hours of motherhood

So on Easter weekend, I had the amazing opportunity to spend 72 straight hours with the kiddopotomus! Daycare was closed on Good Friday, and Gangee and Poppo (my parents) flew in from Atlanta. We did the egg hunt at the Austin Farmer's Market, lunched at NoRth at the Domain, and generally played around all day. Dyed eggs on Sunday and had a lovely roasted leg of lamb. An amazing 3 day weekend!

Unfortunately, my exhaustion got the better of me and when I had a headache Saturday night, I layed down at fell asleep at 9:30... only an issue because the EASTER BUNNY was supposed to show up that night. Luckily my dad stuffed some eggs and took care of it for me so Sunday morning was a blast. It was nice to take a little vacation from 2 hour momming it. I think my favorite part about all that is that it is now 2 weeks later and I'm just now getting a chance to write about it. :-)

One of my colleagues just told me that her 2 Hour Momness got out of control last night when the TOOTH FAIRY forgot to show up at her house. Oh my. Can we start a service of "Special Occasion Filler-inners" where we can order these things to happen?

1 comment:

  1. Don't feel alone! I once missed the tooth fairy, too, and was happy to hear when I blogged about it (http://thismommygig.org/2009/05/21/tooth-fairy-seeks-absolution/) that it's not so uncommon. Bad moms of the world unite! ;-)

    ReplyDelete