Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Mostly Unplugged Vacation

My husband just forwarded me this article entitled The Mostly Unplugged Vacation. What a great article. I'm planning a week-long vacation at the end of June, just before the July 4th holiday, and I'm already freaking out. How can I be away for a week? Won't the world crumple up and implode if I don't answer every email within 10 minutes?

I specifically like his comment about his 50 voicemails... the first 25 telling him about huge emergencies, and the last 25 telling him "nevermind, we figured it out." Admittedly, this is what happens when emergencies arrive and you happen to not get the memo. Other people actually think and actually solve problems... or they realize the problem can wait a week until you return.

I have every intention of heeding this advice come late June. I will check email 3 times, for 30 minutes, and only during the kid's nap.

At least... that's the plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment