Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Guilt

So this strange Mary Kay lady gave me a catalog last week. I thanked her and told her I'd just replinished my Bobbi Brown makeup supply, but would keep the catalog handy. I did intend to put it in my makeup drawer. However, she left me a message that she was coming back to get it today. Why would you give a potential customer a catalog and then ask for it back?

When the doorbell rang, I told Jeff I didn't want to deal with the Mary Kay lady and to tell her I wasn't here... I'm sure I threw away the catalog during The Great Kitchen Cleanup of Monday Night. Why did I make Jeff lie to her (though I have to admit I didn't think he would - I figured I would be called to the door).

Do I need to call Mary Kay and order her some new catalogs?  I have plenty of things to worry about, but I'm obsessing about this lady's catalog now. Mary Kay's website doesn't let you order catalogs, they just let you look online at their ecatalog. Why do I feel guilty about this?? Ugh. I need some wine. And to clean the house because the cleaning lady is coming tomorrow. And the deconstruction on the bathroom continues as they try to resolve the leak/water/mold damage and it's really getting to me. And I am booked solid at work tomorrow from 7:30am to 5pm. And it's 45 minutes past the monster kid's bedtime and we're still playing "I want mommy no I want daddy" games.

And yet, this lady has lost what appears to be her sole means to sell Mary Kay to people in a neighborhood where she doesn't even live. And it's my fault.

No comments:

Post a Comment