Saturday, April 17, 2010

Accumulation of crap

So we moved from 1800 square feet over to 3300 square feet back in November. Other than the guest bedroom and bath, which gets used like twice a year, we actually use MOST of the rooms in the house. The "formal living room" is the only really unused room, but I plan to make that into a nice reading area eventually. Reilly's playroom gets minimal use simply because I prefer him playing in the family room so I can see him while making dinner or whatever.

Anyway, the point is that we almost doubled our house size after purchasing a dining room set and a family room set, we actually filled up all of our rooms with stuff from the other house. AND we consigned some furniture and donated like a billion dollars worth of stuff to Goodwill. Over the last week, I've started paying attention to the things that sit around unused. Three wicker boxes of toys under the coffee table that haven't been touched in about 3 weeks. At least 6 kitchen cabinets that haven't been opened in months. The stuff in the guest closet hasn't been used at all. Boxes in my closet not opened since we moved in. Why do we have this stuff? I don't get it. Neighborhood garage sale coming up May 1st - I might actually participate in that this time!

Also love this post by Dad Labs on the topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment