Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Vacation preparation

Vacation preparations are so stressful!

When planning a vacation, first of all, it is helpful to know if you are driving or flying. When you don't know which mode of transportation you are taking, it greatly impacts your ability to properly pack.

If we're driving, well that involves a couple of suitcases, a beach umbrella, some duffle bags with beach toys, the car DVD player, some DVDs, snakcs, drinks, loads of activity books and car toys in a readily-accessible package.

If flying, then we're looking at getting everything into 3 suitcases with no beach umbrella and minimal carry-on bags.

So right now, as I think about our rapdily approaching end-of-summer vacation, I have to plan as though we're flying, with the ability to overflow into driving. But I'm fairly certain that we'll be driving, so I keep thinking I should plan to pack for the car.

And then I start thinking about what I'll have to do at work the week before vacation...including lining up back-ups for my email Out of Office, as well as lining up people to run the meetings I normally run.

But now let's think about home - I need to do my laundy, the kid's laundry, the entertainment pack (be it airplane or car!), get the dogs boarded, stop the newspaper .... UGH!

I'm totally going to need a vacation from my vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment