Monday, July 4, 2011

The business of boredom

Sometimes I get bored. Most days I have a really cool job. Most days my kid and husband are just awesome. Most days I realize that I do have it pretty good. House, job, car, husband, kid, dogs. Livin' the dream. But sometimes I get bored. I've always wanted my own business. I toy with actually running the business I already started. I toy with new business ideas. I toy with writing a book. I toy with writing magazine articles. Will I ever do any of my ideas? Hopefully. Not sure if I'm too lazy to try them, too scared to try them, too time-crunched to try them, or what, but mostly I just keep thinking of new ideas hoping one will really strike my fancy and I can go for it full-force.

The business I already have is my monster and ghost spray - www.mactospray.com - this one tugs at me the most, primarily because there is a garage full of bottles just on the other side of the wall in front of me. Should I actively pursue it, or just sell off the bottles to someone else who can?

Another business was this fun little Amazon webstore I started for travel toys and tools. Would be cool to have a store specifically for the travel needs of kids and families. Maybe a small storefront here where I live and a nice online business to actually bring in the income.

Perhaps I could start a consulting company - I seem to be business-savvy enough to assist small businesses with marketing plans and websites, or perhaps I could consult on event marketing or social media strategies. How does one get into consulting?

Perhaps I could start a resume service. I'm awesome at resumes - I love reading and writing them. That doesn't sound like a full-time salary replacement job, though.

Maybe I'll just go watch another episode of Weeds... now there's a business! Just kidding. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment