Monday, January 10, 2011

Exhaustion: Now it's gone too far

Have you ever fallen asleep WHILE TELLING A STORY? Twice now, I have done this. Both times my story just took a weird turn and I started using weird words that didn't mesh with the theme.

It was dark and I was rocking the kiddo before bed. We had already read a book, so the next step is to turn out the lights and either sing a song or tell a story.

I was telling a story about Winnie the Pooh having friends over for dinner and they discovered they were out of honey. They decided that Tigger should go to the beehive to get more because Winnie the Pooh made the bees very mad last time. Somehow my story morphed into Tigger needing to be the CEO of the industrial operation in order to lead the team to greater efficiencies... and that is when I heard, "Mommy, WHAT are you TALKING about??" Jolted back awake, I asked him what I said and he said, "I don't know, but Tigger just needs to get the honey, okay, Mommy?"

Yes, moms are tired people. I admit it.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like Riley needs to attend an Efficient Enterprise webcast as part of his required annual compliance training. :)

    ReplyDelete