Saturday, January 1, 2011

Here's to a great new year, and a full 2 hours of "momming"!

I found that as the year wore on and things got more hectic at work, I began to let work creep into my 2 hours with my son each evening. I had the laptop with me in the bathroom while he took a bath. I sometimes chatted on the phone with a colleague while making dinner. I hoped that he would let my husband put him to bed so I could get that extra 30 minutes to sit in front of the computer.

My New Year's Resolution is to stay strong during my 6-8pm time with my son. I will PLAY with him while he takes a bath. I will cherish the bedtime routine. I will let him help me cook dinner (when possible... he is only 3, after all). I will decline any work conversations during those two hours.

Now to tackle that weight loss resolution....

No comments:

Post a Comment