Monday, September 8, 2014

How vacations from kids make you miss the kids

So my husband and I are on a "workation" for 7 days and left my parents to take care of the kids for the week. We've had to work each day, but are able to get out and explore each evening. Get to sleep without worry of kids or dogs waking us up each night and early in the morning. Haven't have to watch Spongebob Squarepants even ONCE the whole time! It should be pure bliss!!!

But we're 3 days in, with 4 more days to go, and every time we see a kid, we think how cute s/he is and how we miss our kids. Every time we see a nice nature trail, we think that our son would love to hike that. Every time we see a dog, we hear our daughter saying "Doggie! Doggie!"

So nice to get away, but I think family vacations are better when its THIS long! Miss my kiddos!

No comments:

Post a Comment