Tuesday, August 10, 2010

One-liners & memorable quotes

I feel like we capture life in Twitter spans now. I actually look for those awesome "what kids say" moments and immediately post them to Facebook. My child is 2.5 and is currently amazing at one-liners! Here's a sample from just this past week:

  • "Mommy, you're old. I need a new mommy."
  • Me: "Reilly, are you a monkey?" Reilly: "I not a monkey. Monkeys don't talk."
  • "I a big boy toddler big flashlight guy."
  • Me: " [something something]... your father." Reilly: "That's not my father. That's my Daddy. His name is Jeff." Me: "What's my name?" Reilly: "Um... I don't know. You don't have a name."
  • Me: "How'd you get so cute?" Reilly: "Daddy." Me: "How'd you get so smart? (say mommy!)" Reilly: "No! Daddy!" Me: "Well what did I do?" Reilly: "You make me dinner."
Then there's this note that came home with him from daycare yesterday:


Ahhhhh, the moments we live for!!

1 comment:

  1. I have a couple of similar tales...

    Scenario #1: Sunday night football, Dallas Cowboys vs. Washington Redskins, 4th quarter, Dallas down by a touchdown and very little time on the clock...a stupid play is called.

    Mommy: What the hell are you doing? Why the hell would you call that play?
    Teresa: Mama, what the hell is not nice to say. You should say what in the world instead.

    Scenario #2: Teresa is speaking very loudly right into Daddy's ear as he's relaxing on the couch.

    Mommy: Teresa, please leave Daddy alone, he's taking a nap.
    Teresa: Mama, you need to keep your voice down. Let me know if you need a spanking.

    Mommy after both instances: speechless

    ReplyDelete